Thursday, May 10, 2012

What We Want for Mother's Day (Hint, Hint)


My friend and I were walking around Pamela Robbins the other day after lunch, wandering aimlessly, touching pretty things, chatting with the sales help and the other customers.  Amy was interested in a ring from the jewelry case and I, not surprisingly, had found another scarf I liked in the window.
            
Amy tried on the ring.  “What do you think?” she asked, extending her arm to arm’s length and moving her head back and forth.  A group huddled around her hand and decided that the ring was fab.  We immediately agreed that she must have it.  Now. 
            
(“We” might be enablers of sorts, but that’s not for today’s article.)
           
“Do you think I can buy it and then have my husband give it to me for Mother’s Day?”  Amy asked.
            
Of course, we all agreed.  Doing that takes the pressure off him and it guarantees that you’ll get a nice little something that you’ll truly enjoy…since you picked it out yourself!

There are people who would disagree with me about this.  Continue reading here.

No comments: